Banned Characters/Accounts

Official information of importance to everyone. Please make sure you are up to date.
Zealar
Clan: L2DC

Banned Characters/Accounts

Post by Zealar » 08 Feb 2013, 19:10

Today 08.02.2013 was made last items back to players from banned characters.
That return items/unban chars always do problems and cause conflicts.
So for avoid that all banned chars / accounts will be delete and there will be not more return in any type. Delete banned chars will save server space and increase performance also will made free user names / account names / emails.

Fallen_Crow
Clan: No

Re: Banned Characters/Accounts

Post by Fallen_Crow » 08 Feb 2013, 20:02

Sorry had to open this (i guess it's a public mather)

When you say "ban":

Does this include the character who had a IP or PC ban? (this can be caused by some virus and the antibot can proc)

Is there a margin of time where the player can "fight back" the reason of the ban? (this in case of some strange banning, like let's say someone else had your acc and got you banned or this guy was reported saying he was a bug abuser and it's not), like you know a court or something.

Letting this open till an official anwser, feel free to make questions, but carefull cuz ill be modding this thread.

Zealar
Clan: L2DC

Post by Zealar » 09 Feb 2013, 08:25

All characters banned from admin/mod will be deleted no matter if is shared account or not. When you share account for server that become same person, so if player share they account is they fault.

Randogil

Post by Randogil » 09 Feb 2013, 17:14

I think in some cases maybe gm/mods can act and ban a char fast depending on first info they have,but after, some new parts of the story can appear and prove them wrong.Char delete seems a bit harsh to me :/
Edit: Also in some situations players can honestly regret and feel sorry for what they did(just a moment of anger for example) and if their action didn't harm server a lot,they maybe deserve a 2nd chance..
Image <3 supports

magohany

Post by magohany » 09 Feb 2013, 18:30

Randogil wrote:I think in some cases maybe gm/mods can act and ban a char fast depending on first info they have,but after, some new parts of the story can appear and prove them wrong.Char delete seems a bit harsh to me :/
Edit: Also in some situations players can honestly regret and feel sorry for what they did(just a moment of anger for example) and if their action didn't harm server a lot,they maybe deserve a 2nd chance..
So best solution would be to have good proofs before ban someone?Or Ban for serious abuses like bug abuses and greater reasons?

Nekys
Site Admin
Clan: DarkLovers
Class: Phoenix Knight

Post by Nekys » 09 Feb 2013, 20:23

I lock this since it's not about discussion.